This post may contain affiliate links for suggested items you can purchase. You are not charged any additional cost for purchasing via these links, however by utilizing them you help keep this site running!
In Morocco, produce is completely seasonal. This means if it’s not the right season you won’t find it. Before moving here I had never heard of a quince, let alone eaten one. But the first time I encountered it I was hooked. There are lots of different ways to use quince but the key is, they need to be cooked.
It won’t hurt you but really the taste is just not that good. They can be used in similar ways to apples, pears or stone fruit. They also make a great jelly or paste. Pair that with some good cheese and I promise you will be a happy camper.
- Simple Quince Cheese from greenevi.com
- Quince Cranberry And Persimmon Crisp from pineappleandcoconut.com
- Autumn Porridge With Poached Quince from lazycatkitchen.com
- Ginger, Vanilla And Quince Upside-down Cake from bojongourmet.com
- Persian Quince Jam from unicornsinthekitchen.com
- Coq Au Vin With Quince from monpetitfour.com
- Quince Jelly from twolazygourmets.com
- Quince, Pumpkin, Eggplant And Quinoa Salad from littlebigh.com
- Slow Cooker Pear-Quince Butter from girlversusdough.com
- Spiced Quince Jam from afreshlegacy.net
- Quince Tarte Tatin With Chantilly Cream from simply-delicious-food.com
- Pickled Quince from kitchenkonfidence.com
- Quince Pumpkin Pots De Creme from almondcorner.blogspot.com
- Sweet Quince Chutney With Poor Man’s Orange from scandifoodie.blogspot.com
- Quince Cardamom Tapioca Pudding from melangery.com
- Red Quinces, Haloumi And Rye from hungryaustralian.com
- Quince And Marzipan Cake from nutmegsseven.co.uk
- Honey Panna Cotta With Roasted Quince And Honeycomb from merci-mama.com
- Apple And Quince Tarte Tatin from pixelatedcrumb.com
- Vanilla Poached Quince from playinwithmyfood.com
I know quince’s aren’t available everywhere – I never came across one where we lived in the US. The good news is you can buy quince in different ways.
So if you’re in need check out these great quince products to make your fall food dreams come true.
Snag your FREE Moroccan Couscous Recipe!
If you love food and want to know more about MarocMama's food related content, products, and promotions sign up now! You'll get a FREE downloadable recipe for traditional Moroccan couscous from my new cookbook to preview!