In Morocco, produce is completely seasonal. This means if it’s not the right season you won’t find it. Before moving here I had never heard of a quince, let alone eaten one. There are a lot of quince fruit recipes but the most common here is cooked in a tajine with beef or lamb. The first time I encountered it I was hooked.
But they really do need to be cooked.
It won’t hurt you but really the taste is just not that good. They can be used in similar ways to apples, pears or stone fruit. They also make a great jelly or paste. Pair that with some good cheese and I promise you will be a happy camper.
- Chicken and Walnut Tajine with Quince Paste from marocmama.com
- One Pot Beef and Quince Tagine from marocmama.com
- Autumn Porridge With Poached Quince from lazycatkitchen.com
- Ginger, Vanilla And Quince Upside-down Cake from bojongourmet.com
- Persian Quince Jam from unicornsinthekitchen.com
- Coq Au Vin With Quince from monpetitfour.com
- Quince Jelly from twolazygourmets.com
- Quince, Pumpkin, Eggplant And Quinoa Salad from littlebigh.com
- Slow Cooker Pear-Quince Butter from girlversusdough.com
- Spiced Quince Jam from afreshlegacy.net
- Quince Tarte Tatin With Chantilly Cream from simply-delicious-food.com
- Pickled Quince from kitchenkonfidence.com
- Quince Pumpkin Pots De Creme from almondcorner.blogspot.com
- Pumpkin, Butter Beans and Thyme with Roasted Quince from Nigel Slater
- Quince Cardamom Tapioca Pudding from melangery.com
- Red Quinces, Haloumi And Rye from hungryaustralian.com
- Quince And Marzipan Cake from nutmegsseven.co.uk
- Honey Panna Cotta With Roasted Quince And Honeycomb from merci-mama.com
- Apple And Quince Tarte Tatin from pixelatedcrumb.com
- Vanilla Poached Quince from playinwithmyfood.com
I know quince’s aren’t available everywhere – I never came across one where we lived in the US. The good news is you can buy quince in different ways.
So if you’re in need check out these great quince products to make your fall food dreams come true.[easyazon_infoblock align="center" identifier="B0050ILQFA" locale="US" nw="y" tag="maro0a-20" type="single" link_id="3636"] [easyazon_infoblock align="center" identifier="B00Q3MIO02" locale="US" nw="y" tag="maro0a-20" type="single" link_id="3637"] [easyazon_infoblock align="center" identifier="B003T6Y3G4" locale="US" nw="y" tag="maro0a-20" type="single" link_id="3638"]