As a business professional (I hold an MBA in Project Management) I understand the importance of word of mouth advertising and the value of a strong online presence for brands and businesses. Through online marketing I was able to build a successful business from nothing to a six figure business in just over a year. This website is an extension of myself, bringing together the things that I love and care about to share with others who have similar passions.
MarocMama is a blog that helps travelers connect with people and places on a more authentic level, have experiences outside their comfort zones, and explore the world through food. It is a Morocco travel blog but also offers content from non-bucket-list destinations around the world and specializes in culinary travel. MarcocMama offers travel stories that bring readers along on the journey, honest and practical advice to help travelers plan their own adventures, and traditional recipes from around the world.
What Do I Write About?
- Travel and points of interest in Morocco and around the world
- Traditional and re-invented Moroccan recipes
- Cultural and expat insights on Morocco
- Travel tips and ideas
- and more!
Yes! I have been browsing there already! @marocmama has been instrumental in my interest in traveling to the country!
— Erin Gustafson (@oregongirlworld) August 30, 2017
As Seen In/On:
- Named #5 Travel Blogger in Africa by Cision
- Included in 2015 Lonely Planet Morocco and Lonely Planet Marrakech
- Contributor to EasyJet Inflight Magazine (Marrakech tips)
- Elle á Table March 2016
- Interviewed for August 2015 Marie Claire Mexico y Latin America.
- National Geographic – Where to Travel for Food in 2016
- Featured on CNN International
- Feature article on FreelanceMom.com
- Interviewed on Travel Freedom Podcast about turning a blog to a business
- Interviewed for and included in Adventurers Abroad: The New American Expat Generation book.
- Speaker at TBEX 2015 Costa Brava
- Speaker at BlogStock 2015 London
- Speaker at ITB Singapore 2016
- Panel Moderator at New York Times Travel Show 2017
- Speaker at Arabian Travel Market 2017 (Dubai)
Some of the brands and destinations that I have worked with include;
- New Orleans Tourism Board
- Chicago Office of Tourism and Culture
- Vaucluse Department France Tourism
- Helsinki, Finland Tourism Board
- Visit Finland Tourism Board
- Rotterdam, Netherlands Tourism Board
- Visit Flanders (Belgium)
- City of Porvoo, Finland
- The Lost Inn- Lisbon, Portugal
- Marche Tourism Board (Italy)
- Eating Europe (Rome)
- Peloponnese Tourism Board (Greece)
- Visit Minneapolis
- The Royal Mansour, Marrakech
- Al Jazeera
- …and more!
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association
- Certified Culinary Travel Professional by the World Food Travel Association
You can find a complete list of my writing and mentions of my blog here.
Advertising is available on MarocMama on the fold. Please contact me for more information about pricing.
I am fully open to writing and creating sponsored content, specifically recipe creation with food companies and travel content. If you are not interested in these types of opportunities it doesn’t mean I’m opposed to working with you on sponsored content. There are many other angles to MarocMama that would make great partnerships. I also do freelance writing which appears on websites, magazines and other publications. Please contact me to discuss these options. Sponsored content opportunities on MarocMama include;
- Articles on MarocMama or for publication
- Tweets and Twitter party hosting
- Facebook Updates
- Conference Attendance and Brand Ambassadorship
- Destination Travel and Promotion
I love to feature reviews for products that fit with the community of readers on MarocMama. I believe firmly in providing an honest and accurate review of products and services. Your product will be featured in a blog post and could include digital photographs and video. I will also include company details, purchasing information, anchored keyword links and other promotional information for your brand – details of which to be discussed prior to posting. I work with each company individually to create a post that fits both of our standards and needs.
I believe and follow FTC disclosure guidelines on this blog. Please do not ask me to NOT follow these guidelines.
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Do you want the inside info? When you sign up I'll send you bi-weekly personal updates and information.
Get the info that won't be on the blog!