This post may contain affiliate links for suggested items you can purchase. You are not charged any additional cost for purchasing via these links, however by utilizing them you help keep this site running!
Sometime ago I wrote this post on what women should pack when visiting Morocco. It has been very popular and made me realize that there are others things that people who are visiting Morocco might be wondering too. What do you pack if your man? What about if you're bringing kids? So I plan to do a few more posts on this subject. My first women's clothing tips were a year round approach but I think it's helpful to break this up into seasons. So today, with the help of MarocBaba I'm sharing what to pack for men who are visiting Morocco in winter.
You're probably thinking, but wait winter in Africa? Yes friends I assure you there is winter here. Normally the cooler season starts in mid-November and lasts through February. You aren't likely to see snow if you're not in the mountains but temperatures do get quite low, especially in evenings. I'm writing this in mid-December and nighttime lows are around 4-8C (40-45F). Daytime it can get into the 20C+ (70F+) range. That's a big temperature difference – be prepared!
Let me be clear about one style you should avoid at all costs. Don't come to Morocco and dress like Aladdin because you think you're in Morocco so why not. No one dresses this way, and frankly harem pants look like a big diaper. Just the other day I saw a man wearing orange harem pants, a tunic, and a turban. Rest assured you will never see a Moroccan dressing this way unless it's part of some performance. It really looks silly!
What You Should Pack
General Packing Ideas for men visiting Morocco;
- Several t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, and polo shirts – a combination of these shirts is perfect.
- Chino pants or other light weight fabric. Black, gray, and/or khaki are good, easy to wash, and can be dressed up or down.
- Jeans – a good pair of jeans are a must.
- Long sleeve, button up shirts. Pack one that is nicer to wear for a nice evening out. One or two others that can be worn alone or under a sweater, or jacket are good.
- A jacket. Yes, you really should bring a blazer and a light to medium weight jacket to wear out.
- 1 medium weight sweater and 1 heavier weight sweater.
- A hat and scarf. Nights and sometimes days are cold . Bring this!
- For shoes, a good pair of walking shoes is a must.
- Another pair of shoes to pack are functional boot shoes that can go from day to evening. They also should be comfortable to walk in.
- Warm socks are a must.
- personal care products such as razors, cologne, and shave gel.
- a good bag or backpack to carry.
Like what you see in the picture? You can find these specific items (or something close) here;
Set of Mens Wool Socks:
Blue Dress Shirt
Black Knit Beanie:
Thermal Knit Hoodie
Lace-up Faux Leather Sneakers
Travel Toiletry Bag
In my post for women I included items you should reconsider packing but I don't think this is as much an issue for men. Just don't bring harem pants and leave your short shorts at home. You weren't going to bring them anyway right?
What else would you add to this list?
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Do you want access to all things MarocMama? Join our community of readers to get updates on new posts, inside information that won't go on the blog and so much more!
Sound good? Pop your email below and you're in!