As soon as the snow melts here, and sometimes when it’s still flying, our grill is on overdrive. Most everyone loves grilled burgers, but I like to mix that up. This recipe combines the Moroccan flavors of kefta, spicy meat kebabs, with the American hamburger. It’s a cross-cultural masterpiece!
Yield: 4-6 burgers
Moroccan Hamburgers with Harissa Mayonnaise
Put a twist on your regular hamburger recipe and try this instead. Don't skip out on the mayonaise!
- 1 pound of ground sirloin (I use a 90/10 mix)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl mix together the meat and all of the other ingredients.
- Take time to really mix well, so that all of the flavors are evenly distributed.
- If you have time, leave the meat to marinade, covered in the refrigerator, as long as possible, and up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, form into patties of the size and thickness you desire.
- Grill until cooked to the doneness you like.
- Serve with condiments of your choice, we like caramelized onions and harissa mayonnaise.
10 All-American Summer Travel Experiences - MarocMama
Wednesday 14th of June 2017
[…] all out with a clam bake or another local specialty. One of my favorite things to make are these Moroccan Hamburgers with Harissa Mayonnaise for something a little classic and a little […]
56 DIY Pantry Staples - Savvy Eats
Wednesday 30th of April 2014
[…] Harissa mayonnaise via Maroc Mama […]
60+ Appetizer, Entree, and Desserts for Game Day!
Friday 7th of February 2014
[…] Your and Mine are Ours 11. Shrimp Quesadilla from Call Me PMC 12. Cuban Pork Sandwiches 13. Moroccan Hamburgers with Harissa Mayonnaise from Maroc Mama Side […]
Thursday 29th of August 2013
You might as well call this Tunisian Hamburgers since Harissa is Tunisian.
Friday 24th of May 2013
My boys would love this recipe! The burgers look so good and caramelized onions... yum!