This post may contain affiliate links for suggested items you can purchase. You are not charged any additional cost for purchasing via these links, however by utilizing them you help keep this site running!
As soon as the snow melts here, and sometimes when it’s still flying, our grill is on overdrive. Most everyone loves grilled burgers, but I like to mix that up. This recipe combines the Moroccan flavors of kefta, spicy meat kebabs, with the American hamburger. It’s a cross-cultural masterpiece!
- 1 pound of ground sirloin (I use a 90/10 mix)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl mix together the meat and all of the other ingredients.
- Take time to really mix well, so that all of the flavors are evenly distributed.
- If you have time, leave the meat to marinade, covered in the refrigerator, as long as possible, and up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, form into patties of the size and thickness you desire.
- Grill until cooked to the doneness you like.
- Serve with condiments of your choice, we like caramelized onions and harissa mayonnaise.
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Do you want access to all things MarocMama? Join our community of readers to get updates on new posts, inside information that won't go on the blog and so much more!
Sound good? Pop your email below and you're in!