As soon as the snow melts here, and sometimes when it’s still flying, our grill is on overdrive. Most everyone loves grilled burgers, but I like to mix that up. This recipe combines the Moroccan flavors of kefta, spicy meat kebabs, with the American hamburger. It’s a cross-cultural masterpiece!
Put a twist on your regular hamburger recipe and try this instead. Don't skip out on the mayonaise!
- 1 pound of ground sirloin (I use a 90/10 mix)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl mix together the meat and all of the other ingredients.
- Take time to really mix well, so that all of the flavors are evenly distributed.
- If you have time, leave the meat to marinade, covered in the refrigerator, as long as possible, and up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, form into patties of the size and thickness you desire.
- Grill until cooked to the doneness you like.
- Serve with condiments of your choice, we like caramelized onions and harissa mayonnaise.