For those budget travelers, backpackers or just people who would rather spend money on things other than accommodations, there are options for inexpensive lodging in Morocco. As the capital of Morocco, stays here are a bit more expensive. But, if you’re planning a visit to Rabat, it doesn’t mean there aren’t deals to be found.
The prices listed here may fluctuate depending on high seasons or events happening in the city (such as the Mawazine festival). Please note I have not stayed in all of these locations, I am providing options for cheap accommodations to make your search easier.
3 Tips for Finding Inexpensive Lodging in Morocco
- Make sure the hotel is in a safe location. This can be hard to know from a map. Make sure to read the reviews and do a little research into what’s nearby and any issues you might find.
- While many inexpensive hotels are clean, check this out before finalizing your stay. If you haven’t booked and paid online in advance, you can go and look at a room before deciding if you’d like to rent it.
- You can sometimes negotiate a hotel rate if you are planning to stay somewhere for a longer period of time. It never hurts to ask!
Lodging under $25 a Night in Rabat, Morocco
Looking for a cheap place to stay in Rabat? These lodgings will provide you with nice accommodations for less than $25 a night.
- Oudayas Apartment, Gerara Street – This apartment will let you rent an entire living space: bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, a queen-sized bed, and even a terrace all for $18 a night. It’s only two minutes from the beach and within three miles of popular tourist locations like The National Library of the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Riad Kamal, Rabat Medina – For $16 a night, this riad provides one full bed and a terrace. The room includes the usual: refrigerators, heating, bathrooms, a dining area, a wardrobe and more. Most notably, it’s within range of many popular tourist locations like Hassan Tower and Morrocan Parliament.
- Dar El Idrissi, Rabat Medina – For $8 a night, you can get two twin beds, a flat-screen TV and free WiFi. It is also within range of the aforementioned popular tourist locations, but it is also very close to Kasbah of the Udayas. It also comes with a terrace.
- Rabat Ocean, L’Ocean Rabat – At $18 a night, these lodgings offer one queen bed, a flat-screen TV, and your typical amenities such as a refrigerator, shower and toilet, and a dining table. The lodgins notably offer bike rentals, perfect for the close proximity to the beach and other tourist locations.
- Chambre Priver, Rue Porte Maoun – This homestay is $16 a night. It offers a terrace and air conditioning, as well as many hardware amenities like electric kettles, air purifiers, and refrigerators. It’s within the same range of popular tourist sites and the beach as the previous options.
Lodging in Rabat Under $50
These lodgings are a little more expensive, but still very affordable, and the increased price often offers some amenities and services the cheaper lodgings do not.
- Hotel Darna, Rabat Medina – At $41 a night, Hotel Darna offers free WiFi and a mini-bar in each room. Satellite and cable channels are available, and it has meeting facilities, a shared lounge, and a 24-hour desk. It’s close to the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the beach, as well as the Rabat-Salé Airport.
- Naima’s House, Rabat Medina – $30 a night. One of the most notable amenities is the inclusion of continental breakfast. It comes with a fully equipped kitchen, including a dishwasher. There’s also a shared lounge, and of course, it’s close to popular locations.
- Riad Dar El Mesk, Avenue Mohammed – $34 a night. All rooms have a patio, and there’s a shared kitchen and shared lounge, as well as free WiFi. There are also terraces and sattelitte channels available. Notable amenities, such as game consoles, smartphone ports, and CD players are available. Every unit is fully wheelchair accessible.
- Riad Dar El Ghali, Rabat Medina – $36 a night. The property has access to a restaurant, room service, and luggage storage space and free WiFi. Showers, heating, sofe beds and wake-up are available.
- Riad Najiba, Derb Cherkaoui – $36 a night. Many of the rooms are carpeted, and rooms in the guest house come with a shared bathroom and a sofa. It’s within a walking distance of all the important attractions, including the beach and popular tourist locations.