- 4 cups of cubed day old bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray or butter for baking tin
- Loaf pan or 8×8 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine whole milk, cream, and eggs. Whisk until blended.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Add cubed bread to the liquid mixture. Mix bread and press into liquid to make sure the bread absorbs as much liquid as possible.
- Spray or butter baking pan.
- Pour saturated bread into the baking dish and add chocolate chips to the top. (You may want to stir the bread, but be careful as the chocolate chips tend to fall to the bottom).
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until the top of the bread is crispy. The bread pudding will remain dense but all of the liquid should be cooked through.