This post may contain affiliate links for suggested items you can purchase. You are not charged any additional cost for purchasing via these links, however by utilizing them you help keep this site running!
Couscous is one of the simplest side dishes to cook. Sure the instant couscous sold in store aisles can’t hold a candle to real Moroccan couscous but it can be used in many different ways to create a light yet hearty pasta that is packed with nutrients and is delicious. If you want to go beyond the basics these 12 couscous recipes should get you off on the right foot.
A few things to remember when cooking instant couscous. Add your couscous before your water boils, and when the water starts to boil, promptly remove it from heat, cover, and let sit. Be sure to fluff your couscous with a fork before removing from the pan. It helps to break up the clumps and give it nice light texture. You can also prepare instant couscous the same way traditional couscous is made – by steaming it.
Now that you have your couscous, here are 12 ways to use it!
- Jeweled Butternut Couscous Salad from Daily Waffle
- Lemon and Artichoke Couscous with Shrimp from Foxes Love Lemons
- Apricot Couscous Salad from Grab Your Spork
- Curried Couscous Salad from Devour Blog
- Couscous with Dried Fruit from Kitchen Riffs
- Herb Flecked Spring Couscous from Katie at the Kitchen Door
- Pearl Couscous Salad with Olives from A Zesty Bite
- Watermelon and Feta Couscous Salad from Southern in Law
- Couscous Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Broccoli from Wine Dine Daily
- Couscous Salad with Cucumber, Red Onions & Herbs from The Kitchn
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Summer Couscous Salad from Food n Service
What’s your favorite couscous dish?
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Do you want access to all things MarocMama? Join our community of readers to get updates on new posts, inside information that won't go on the blog and so much more!
Sound good? Pop your email below and you're in!