Slow cookers are a great tool to have in the kitchen especially during the hot summer months. Using one makes it possible to have warm food without having a hot kitchen. It is a one pot wonder! For this recipe I used my trusty slow cooker along with some Lindsay Manzanilla Olives. These olives are grown in Spain and California and are often stuffed with pimentos. They are firm and have a slightly tart taste. At only 25 calories for 5 olives I think they dispel the notion of olives as a calorie laden food!
If you’ve got a potluck or a summer get together coming your way, this recipe comes highly recommended from the greatest of taste testers – my mom.
- 2-3 lb arm roast of beef (I use organic free-range)
- 1 cup of Italian dressing
- at least 1 cup of Lindsay Manzanilla Olives – use as many as you would like!
- 1 cup Lindsay Manzanilla Olives
- 4-5 springs of flat-leaf parsley
- 4-5 sprigs Cilantro
- 1 sprig of Basil
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
Mandatory Entry: What is your favorite summer recipe using olives? You can share a link, leave a recipe name or type out the recipe.Additional Entries
- Follow Lindsay Olives on Twitter
- Follow MarocMama on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway (see the little Twitter icon below – go ahead and click and the tweet will pop up automatically.)
- Follow Lindsay Olives on Facebook
- Follow MarocMama on Facebook
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (just like Twitter, clicking the Facebook icon below will auto-populate a message to share with your friends).Good luck! The winner will be selected on August 2, 2011 at random and notified via email. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours a new winner will be selected. This giveaway is open to US residents only (sorry international friends!)
*Disclaimer: I was compensated by Lindsay Olives for doing this series of posts. However all opinions and recipes are my own creations and done so exclusively for this event.
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a monthly update + features that won't be on the blog!