A favorite outing for MarocBaba and I when in Morocco has always being going for pizza. Believe it or not Moroccan pizza is really very good. My first choice is always the pepperoni (because it’s halal) or the margherita dotted with Moroccan black olives. MarocBaba however prefers his pizza to include seafood…like shrimp or anchovies. Boy was that a surprise. I’m sure I’ve mentioned before I was not a seafood fan before marriage. I now like a lot of different kinds of seafood however shrimp on my pizza is not something I’ve been able to enjoy. That doesn’t mean I don’t indulge him however. If you want to give the shrimp-y pizza a shot here’s my recipe!
In it’s raw state…
- pizza dough (use your favorite recipe or store bought)
- 1/4 c wing sauce
- 1/4 c ranch dressing
- 1 handful green olives chopped
- 10-12 shrimp cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion cut thinly
- shredded cheese (you pick what you like and how much!)
- Preheat an oven to 375F. On a baking sheet flatten the pizza dough to the thickness you like. I tend to make mine a medium thickness. Mix together the ranch and wing sauce in a bowl and spread on the dough. Sprinkle with the shrimp, then olives and onions. Cover with cheese. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and crust is crispy and browned on the edges. Serve immediately.