Doesn’t it just look so tasty with the thyme mixed in??
I’ve finally worked up enough courage to start playing around with my basic Moroccan bread recipe to come up with some variations. On my first attempt it’s safe to say it was a success! This is a much more rustic bread than the white bread version I make. However most bread in Morocco is made with a blend of another whole grain. This bread is a little sweet and a little savory. I think that if you have a little bit of bread leftover it would make a great bread crumb once dried up!
2 c white flour
|These quantities will make about 3 8″ diameter loaves|
1 c wheat flour
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp chopped thyme leaves (stems removed)
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp dry yeast
2 tbsp good olive oil
Directions: You can use the same instructions as the traditional khobz recipe. Just add in the additional ingredients before kneading. Check out the tutorial here.
Have your favorite Mediterranean Winter/Holiday Dessert ready for tomorrow? Food of the Sun Blog Carnival starts tomorrow – have your links ready!!
- 77I’ve posted my recipe before on making Moroccan bread (khobz) and you can find my recipe here. The fun thing about this bread is that it’s pretty forgiving. You can use different kinds of flours, mixtures of flours, rising time and making it into different shapes. Traditionally it is made into a round and there…
- 71I don't know if there's anything more Moroccan than a round loaf of bread. Nope. There's not. Let's just say no one in Morocco is going to be doing the Atkin's diet anytime soon. Bread is so prevalent and ingrained (haha ingrained) in Moroccan culture my husband can not eat a meal without it. And…
- 68It took me sometime to realize that there are many different kinds of Moroccan bread that are actually made at home. And each one serves a different purpose. Batbout is a Moroccan pita, or an American equivalent of sandwich bread. It's for a quick lunch (I loved eating it for breakfast with cheese inside.) I…
- 66I'm not really a baker but I have mastered turning out perfect loaves of fresh Moroccan round bread. When I saw this months theme for bread baking day on Ya Salam Cookings' website I knew I wanted to participate. My friend Amnah at Little Life of Mine was game too. She was ready to…
- 66These are the biscuits that I made to replace those yummy Olive Garden breadsticks to go with our chili last week. I'm not going to give you any illusions that these are better than Olive Garden's version, because they're not the same thing. BUT they are healthier, and there are plenty of options you have…