My recipe today is for Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake with a gingersnap crust. This is a good blending of Mediterranean and American style desserts. Pumpkin is often found in Morocco, mixed into couscous most predominantly. I have found that pumpkins there are a little sweeter than they are here, which might be attributed to more sun and less storage time before consumption.
This is a dessert plate that I made recently along with Whoopie Pies and Cake Balls.
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (about 14 oz)
- 1 package of cream cheese (8oz) softened
- pumpkin pie spice (mix of cloves, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 box ginger snaps
- 6 tbsp melted butter
Beat everything (except butter and gingersnaps) together in a large mixing bowl until smooth and set aside. In a food processor crush ginger snaps and add in butter. They will become sticky but will remain loose.
Grease a muffin tin of your choice size. In the bottom of each well, press a tbsp of ginger snap mixture. Top each with the cheesecake mixture, allowing the cups to be full almost to the top. Place into a 350F preheated oven for 15 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the size of the cheesecake you make. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Top with whipped cream before serving.
You May Also Like
- 10000After spending 3 weeks in the US, it's safe to say I've gotten my fill of "holiday stuff." Everywhere I went there was Thanksgiving decorations/food/music at every turn and then plastered in front of it all was the looming Christmas panic. I seriously wondered why every year this happens earlier and earlier. I came at…
- 10000There are few things that I enjoy more than dessert when we travel. Ok who am I kidding, I love dessert anytime! In Portugal the one dessert I heard about over and over again was pasteis de nata. These egg tarts are maybe the most famous culinary tradition Portugal has made. One friend described it…
- 10000There are always a few holiday memories that tend to stick with us. Whether it's a trip to grandma's house for Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas morning at your house, complete with pancakes and hot cocoa these memories are what make holidays so special. For me, spritz cookies are an instant trip to Christmas memory lane.…