These are the biscuits that I made to replace those yummy Olive Garden breadsticks to go with our chili last week. I’m not going to give you any illusions that these are better than Olive Garden’s version, because they’re not the same thing. BUT they are healthier, and there are plenty of options you have with them. I made mine in a mini scone pan (because I had just gotten it and wanted to try it out). You could just as easily make them as drop biscuits or in any other shaped tin. The original recipe came from $5 Dollar Mom, I made a few changes however.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter
1 cup organic milk
1. In mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in 4 Tbsp of butter with pastry blender or 2 knives.
3. Slowly mix in milk and stir with fork. Mix until thick batter forms.
4. Fill scone forms with batter
5. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes until cooked through
Garlic butter: Chop 4-5 cloves of garlic as finely as possible (or use pre-diced garlic). Soften 1/4 cup of butter. Once it is soft enough to stir mix in the garlic.