Summer is here and that means this mom has to have lunches and snacks ready for two hungry boys (and their dad). A few months ago I moved from working out of the home to working from home. I hoped that with this switch I would be able to more involved with my kids during the summer and it would take some stress off of me. MarocBaba is around more in the summer too (he works at night) and is chief activity manager. But, he isn’t really good in the kitchen. I made this list of lunch and snack ideas for him and realized some of you might also be interested.
- Quesadilla on Corn Tortillas (filling ideas, black beans, cheese, turkey pepperoni, chicken in BBQ sauce)
- Hamburgers on Gluten Free buns
- Mini Pizzas on gluten free bagels or english muffins
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Create Your Own Salads (try some of our favs; Moroccan Carrot, Chickpea, Dried Fruit and Almond, Strawberry Balsamic Quinoa Salad, Red White and Blue Chicken Salad, Mediterranean Winter Salad)
- Sandwiches on GF bread or wraps;
- turkey and cheese
- egg salad
- tuna salad
- Potato Skins
- Corn Dogs
- Hot Dogs on GF buns
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Yogurt Parfaits and GF Muffins
- Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Grilled Kebobs (Chicken, Beef or Veggie)
- cubed cheese, meat, veggies on or off a stick
- Pasta salad with GF Pasta and lots of veggies and Italian Dressing marinade
- Burritos with corn tortillas
- Egg Muffins
- Risotto with Veggies
- any kind of fruit cut up
- frozen bananas
- frozen grapes
- Veggies with Dip (Hummus or Ranch are favorites)
- Corn Chips and Salsa
- Sugar Free Pudding
- Apple slices and peanut butter
- Dates stuffed with almond butter
- Trail Mix
- Dry GF Cereal
- Mixed Nuts
- String Cheese
- Rice Cakes
- Turkey Pepperoni Slices and cubed cheese
- GF Crackers and Cheese
- GF granola bars
- Sweets (Cupcakes, brownies, cookies – I limit these but there are some great mixes)
There it is – 40 lunch and snack ideas to make it through the summer! I tried to stick with easy, fast and limited cooking time required. Most of these items would make great lunch box items for the school year too.
I’m always on the lookout for new ideas – share some of yours in the comments or leave a link to great recipe posts.
Pin This Post for Later!
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Do you want the inside info? When you sign up I'll send you bi-weekly personal updates and information.
Get the info that won't be on the blog!