When you think of summer, what are some of the first food items that pop into your mind? Me? It’s strawberries and lemonade. I’m joining a monthly blogging group where we’ll share a new salad each month. My salad contributions are most likely going to contain very little lettuce – I just can’t eat it after surgery. But I promise they will be healthy and delicious. This month take a big bite of this strawberry lemonade salad.
I am so in love with this salad. It’s simple, and a fantastic way to clean out your fruit drawer. I think it makes a great pre-dinner salad/cheese course, dessert, or breakfast. Who says you can’t have salad for breakfast?!? Don’t feel limited to the fruit I’ve included in the recipe – use what you have but I’d make sure to make this when strawberries are fresh, juicy, and delicious; don’t leave them off!
- 8-10 large strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- Juice of 1-2 lemon (totaling between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 4 oz goat cheese
- almond flour
- Wash and clean all of your produce.
- Remove the skin of the apple and pear if desired; if not simply cut the fruit into bite size pieces
- Hull and slice the strawberries into several pieces
- Peel and slice banana.
- Add all of the fruit to a large bowl.
- In a pot, juice the lemon(s) and turn heat to medium.
- Stir in the raw honey
- Allow the juice to bubble and reduce down slightly.
- Mix the dressing with the fruit.
- To make the goat cheese balls, simply shape your cheese into bite size pieces and coat in almond flour.
- Plate fruit and cheese and serve!
One of the reasons I really love this combination is because the dressing is dual-purpose. Yes it tastes delicious (hello lemonade!) but the lemon juice also helps prevent the fruit from browning, which seems to happen very rapidly in the summer.
What’s your favorite kind of salad? Have an ingredient you’d love me to use in the future? Let me know in the comments!
‘);_ // ]]>
The Salad Bar is a monthly blogging challenge started by Wendy of The Weekend Gourmet. This month’s theme was berries, join me for next month’s challenge on the first Saturday of the month!
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a monthly update + features that won't be on the blog!