As a business professional (I hold an MBA in Project Management) I understand the importance of word of mouth advertising and the value of a strong online presence for brands and businesses. Through online marketing I was able to build a successful business from nothing to a six figure business in just over a year. This website is an extension of myself, bringing together the things that I love and care about to share with others who have similar passions.
MarocMama started in 2007 as a means to share my home recipes and the recipes from around the world that I loved. There is a strong emphasis on Moroccan/Mediterranean food and travel however, as I have grown (along with my blog) the scope of MarocMama has expanded to include other areas of my life that are important. As a world traveling, mom of two boys, a wife, and business owner I hope to offer a unique point of view in the blogging world. We live a globally conscious, bi-cultural life and I strive to provide both my family and my readers with a broad perspective in food and experience.
What Do I Write About?
- Travel and points of interest in Morocco and around the world
- Traditional, fusion, and re-invented Moroccan recipes
- Cultural and expat insights on Morocco
- Posts focusing on local, sustainable food practices and events
- Interesting food events and stories
- Travel tips and ideas
- and more!
As Seen In/On:
- Named #5 Travel Blogger in Africa by Cision
- Included in 2015 Lonely Planet Morocco and Lonely Planet Marrakech
- Elle á Table March 2016
- Interviewed for August 2015 Marie Claire Mexico y Latin America.
- National Geographic – Where to Travel for Food in 2016
- Featured on CNN International
- Feature article on FreelanceMom.com
- Speaker at TBEX 2015 Costa Brava
- Speaker at BlogStock 2015 London
- Interviewed on Travel Freedom Podcast about turning a blog to a business
- Interviewed for and included in Adventurers Abroad: The New American Expat Generation book.
Some of the brands and destinations that I have worked with include;
- New Orleans Tourism Board
- Chicago Office of Tourism and Culture
- Visit Finland Tourism Board
- NBE Finland
- City of Porvoo, Finland
- The Lost Inn– Lisbon, Portugal
- Marche Tourism Board (Italy)
- TBD Italy
- Eating Europe (Rome)
- Peloponnese Tourism Board (Greece)
- Visit Minneapolis
- Sioux Falls, SD Tourism Board
- Mankato, MN Tourism Board
- The Royal Mansour, Marrakech Morocco
- Saffron Road Foods
- …and more!
Memberships and Affiliations
- I am a board member of Multicultural Kid Blogs
- Advisory Board Member and Mentor of the Passport Party Project Phase Two.
- Member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association
- Certified Culinary Travel Professional by the World Food Travel Association
You can find a complete list of my writing and mentions of my blog here.
Recommendations of my work can be found on my LinkedIn Profile.
Advertising is available on MarocMama on the fold. Please contact me for more information about pricing.
I am fully open to writing and creating sponsored content, specifically recipe creation with food companies and travel content. If you are not interested in these types of opportunities it doesn’t mean I’m opposed to working with you on sponsored content. There are many other angles to MarocMama that would make great partnerships. I also do freelance writing which appears on websites, magazines and other publications. Please contact me to discuss these options. Sponsored content opportunities on MarocMama include;
- Articles on MarocMama or for publication
- Tweets and Twitter party hosting
- Facebook Updates
- Conference Attendance and Brand Ambassadorship
- Destination Travel and Promotion
I love to feature reviews for products that fit with the community of readers on MarocMama. I believe firmly in providing an honest and accurate review of products and services. Your product will be featured in a blog post and could include digital photographs and video. I will also include company details, purchasing information, anchored keyword links and other promotional information for your brand – details of which to be discussed prior to posting. I work with each company individually to create a post that fits both of our standards and needs.
Giveaways are common on many blogs. MarocMama is not a review and giveaway blog, however I do like to include these types of posts on occasion. I strive to feature and giveaway products that are a great match for both of us. I want you to get the most out of a giveaway, to create brand loyalty and customers who want to come back for more. I also understand the business angle of offering promotional giveaway items and thus only do giveaways for products I believe will meet those business goals.
Please email me to discuss each of these options for pricing.
The MarocMama family is currently accepting sponsorship for travel within Africa, Europe, and Asia.
I believe and follow FTC disclosure guidelines on this blog. Please do not ask me to NOT follow these guidelines.
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a monthly update + features that won't be on the blog!