As a business professional (I hold an MBA in Project Management) I understand the importance of word of mouth advertising and the value of a strong online presence for brands and businesses. This website is an extension of myself, bringing together the things that I love and care about to share with others who have similar passions.
MarocMama started in 2007 as a means to share my home recipes and the recipes from around the world that I loved. There is a strong emphasis on Moroccan/Mediterranean food and travel however, as I have grown (along with my blog) the scope of MarocMama has expanded to include other areas of my life that are important. As a world traveling, mom of two boys, a wife and full-time professional I hope to offer a unique point of view in the blogging world. We live a bi-cultural life and I strive to provide both my family and my readers with a broad perspective in food and experience.
What Do I Write About?
- Traditional, fusion, and re-invented Moroccan recipes
- Cultural insights on Morocco
- Travel and points of interest in Morocco and around the world
- Posts focusing on local, sustainable food practices and events
- Interesting food events that I attend
- Reviews and Recommendations on some of my favorite products
- And much, much more
Some of the brands and destinations that I have worked with include;
- Saffron Road Foods
- Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Chicago Office of Tourism and Culture
- Visit Finland Tourism Board
- NBE Finland
- City of Porvoo, Finland
- The Lost Inn- Lisbon, Portugal
- Marche Tourism Board (Italy)
- TBD Italy
- Eating Europe (Rome)
- Peloponnese Tourism Board (Greece)
- Visit Minneapolis
- Sioux Falls, SD Tourism Board
- Mankato, MN Tourism Board
- …and more!
Memberships and Affiliations
- I am a board member of Multicultural Kid Blogs
- Advisory Board Member and Mentor of the Passport Party Project Phase Two.
- Member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association
- Certified Culinary Travel Professional by the World Food Travel Association
You can find a complete list of my writing and mentions of my blog here.
Recommendations of my work can be found on my LinkedIn Profile.
I love to feature reviews for products that fit with the community of readers on MarocMama. I believe firmly in providing an honest and accurate review of products and services. Your product will be featured in a blog post and could include digital photographs and video. I will also include company details, purchasing information, anchored keyword links and other promotional information for your brand – details of which to be discussed prior to posting. I work with each company individually to create a post that fits both of our standards and needs.
Giveaways are common on many blogs. MarocMama is not a review and giveaway blog, however I do like to include these types of posts on occasion. I strive to feature and giveaway products that are a great match for both of us. I want you to get the most out of a giveaway, to create brand loyalty and customers who want to come back for more. I also understand the business angle of offering promotional giveaway items and thus only do giveaways for products I believe will meet those business goals.
Advertising is available on MarocMama on the fold. Please contact me for more information about pricing.
I am fully open to writing and creating sponsored content, specifically recipe creation with food companies and travel content. If you are not interested in these types of opportunities it doesn’t mean I’m opposed to working with you on sponsored content. There are many other angles to MarocMama that would make great partnerships. I also do freelance writing which appears on websites, magazines and other publications. Please contact me to discuss these options. Sponsored content opportunities on MarocMama include;
- Articles on MarocMama or for publication
- Tweets and Twitter party hosting
- Facebook Updates
- Conference Attendance and Brand Ambassadorship
- Destination Travel and Promotion
Please email me to discuss each of these options for pricing.
The MarocMama family is currently accepting sponsorship for travel within Africa, Europe, and Asia.
I believe and follow FTC disclosure guidelines on this blog. Please do not ask me to NOT follow these guidelines.
- 44Visiting Marrakech and wondering where you should eat? It's true that there's some amazing food in this city. There's also some really medicore food. Maybe it's because there's so many tourists visiting that restaurants don't feel the need to keep a high quality. Or, maybe it's because Moroccans don't typically go out to restaurants to…
- 43Sixteen was a big year for me. I got my drivers' licence, my first passport and my first trip out of the country. Most kids pine for their drivers licence, to open up all kinds of new opportunity and freedom. For me, my first passport held that same promise. For years and years I dreamed,…
- 43When I was at the market a few weeks ago I began comparing food prices. Food in Morocco is of course much less expensive than in the US. I was a pretty budget shopper, while still going for as much high quality food as possible. Here food is priced how it should be everywhere. Fresh…