Now that you’re loaded up with new recipe ideas (and even more after Monday’s chat) it’s time to start planning the fun part of the party – the decorations! I love the idea of simple, chic design that’s easy to set up and even easier to clean up. I put together this little picture collage of ideas.
My top tips:
- Keep the colors simple, red and blue are always great colors for day or night
- Multi-purpose functionality; you can always use a fabulous drink dispenser and a basic simple table cloth can be used several times in multiple ways (saving you money!)
- Lights and flowers are some of the cheapest and easiest ways to change the atmosphere without shelling out a lot of money.
- For a day time party break up the area with a table for adult but a space for kids too, a blanket for a picnic setting and a few fun toys will keep your younger kids happy.
- A fun and interesting serving tray is elegant and unique.
- Don’t have enough matching dishes and don’t want to use paper plates – mix up your dishes! Having a variety of plates adds an eclectic twist and interesting dimension.
I’ve got one more bonus recipe for you too – Crabby Olives
Here’s a healthy twist on a traditional crab salad.
- Lindsay Black Colossal Pitted Olives
- 1 can of lump crab meat
- 1/2 lemon – juice only squeezed
- 1/4 of a red pepper diced finely
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a monthly update + features that won't be on the blog!