This week I’m participating in #WeekdaySupper, where contributors share easy meal ideas to help you get dinner on the table. As soon as the snow melts here, and sometimes when it’s still flying, our grill is on overdrive. Most everyone loves grilled burgers, but I like to mix that up. This recipe combines the Moroccan flavors of kefta, spicy meat kebabs, with the American hamburger. It’s a cross-cultural masterpiece!
- 1 pound of ground sirloin (I use a 90/10 mix)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- In a large bowl mix together the meat and all of the other ingredients.
- Take time to really mix well, so that all of the flavors are evenly distributed.
- If you have time, leave the meat to marinade, covered in the refrigerator, as long as possible, and up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, form into patties of the size and thickness you desire.
- Grill until cooked to the doneness you like.
- Serve with condiments of your choice, we like caramelized onions and harissa mayonnaise.
Looking for more #WeekdaySupper ideas? See what else this week’s contributors are cooking up! Don’t forget to stop back on Sunday when we’ll be sharing our favorite picnic recipes.
This Week’s Easy Weekday Supper Recipes:
Monday – Pescetarian Journal – Easy Herb-Crusted Tilapia
- Tuesday – Momma’s Meals – Middle-Eastern Spiced Beef in the Crock
- Wednesday – Shockingly Delicious – Tuna Tomato Pasta Dinner for Two
- Thursday – Basic N Delicious – Easy Spanish Rice
- Friday – MarocMama – Moroccan Hamburgers with Harissa Mayonaise
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a monthly update + features that won't be on the blog!