It’s time for the #TheLeftoversClub! This fun food blogger swap was created by Jen of Savory Simple. Each month participating bloggers are paired up and swap their leftovers! My partner this month was Martine of Whey Beyond the Naked Truth. She’s expecting a baby any day now so please stop over and wish her a safe and healthy delivery!
This past month (May) we had my mom and sister over for a Mother’s Day brunch. In anticipation of that event I decided I wanted to try my hand at granola. We haven’t had too much luck finding a gluten-free granola that we all liked but I didn’t realize how easy it was to make. No more! Granola is seriously the easiest thing to make and there are so many great combinations you can come up with! This has been my favorite mix so far.
- 2 cups quick cook oatmeal
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oatmeal, nuts, and spices.
- Drizzle the honey over the top, and add the vanilla
- Use a spatula to mix well, coating everything with the honey and vanilla.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the granola mixture onto the cookie sheet and spread as thin as possible.
- Place pan in the oven.
- Every 15 minutes, turn the granola with a spatula. This will help it cook evenly and avoid burning on one side.
- After about 45 minutes the oats should be toasted and brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- The granola will get crunchy as it cools.
- Store in a tight sealing container after completely cool.
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a weekly update + features that won't be on the blog!