Have you ever loved a food so much but your partner/child/parent/special someone didn’t share that same love? It stinks! We share so much of ourselves and our lives through the food we make and share. Sure you can always avoid it and look for a mutually favorite food or you can be like me and repeatedly beat your head against the wall trying to come up with a way to make the ingredient enjoyable. That’s my cauliflower story. MarocBaba hates cauliflower. I tried making it the way my mom always got us to eat it, with cheese melted all over the top. No. Then I tried making cauliflower pizza crust. No. Then I made this.
He insisted he didn’t want to try it (before he knew it had cauliflower). I shoved a loaded cracker in his mouth. And he liked it! He even recognized it had cauliflower and still liked it! I could hardly believe it. Really this was a breakthrough. The best part is this hummus dip is pretty good for you. It doesn’t have the traditional chickpea puree, or tahini but it does have chickpeas. My mom brought me bags of Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas to restock my dwindling supply. I’ve had to hide them so that they don’t all get eaten before I can use them in recipes. This recipe uses the falafel flavor but I think it would be just as yummy with one of the new flavors; Chipotle and Korean BBQ.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 oz goat cheese (add more if you like!)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Saffron Road Falafel Chickpeas
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Wash and clean cauliflower, trimming any long ends.
- Steam cauliflower until it's almost falling apart.
- Trim stems to remove any woody parts, the top florets are best for this.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add the cauliflower, goat cheese, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, and half of the chickpeas.
- Pulse until everything is combined and broken up. You do not want to blend completely.
- Add hummus to a bowl and top with the remaining chickpeas.
- Serve with crackers for dipping.
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a monthly update + features that won't be on the blog!