Some years I’m counting down the days until my birthday, it can’t come soon enough. Other years the day creeps up from behind me and then it’s here. My mom always made a big deal out of our birthdays. She had a different theme every year, making food and snacks that matched. We got plenty of gifts and always had two parties; one for our friends and one for our family. Having these memories has really been a very treasured part of my childhood and always made me feel special and loved.
This year, I’m away from my husband and kids so there’s something a little bittersweet about my big day (it’s on Sunday). I’m also entering the last year of my 20’s. Wow. I just need to sit on that for a little while. There are so many days I feel like I’m still just a child. There’s something about leaving this decade of life that I know I can’t escape the adult label. This year to celebrate I decided to post 29 special birthday cakes, one for every year of my age. These cakes are for those of us who have special diet needs, the ones that can’t pick up something at the bakery but want something delicious for the special day. Some are gluten free, or vegan, or paleo, or sugar free, or well there is something for everyone! If you’re celebrating a special day soon I hope you find a delicious dessert here.
- Naturally Red Velvet Cupcakes by Guts by Nature
- Grain free Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by The Skinny Pear
- Mini Raw Vegan Carrot Cakes by Good Girl Gone Green
- Sweet Potato Cake with Paleo White Chocolate Frosting by Paleo Fondue
- Lemon Potato Cake by Strands of My Life
- Carrot Cake Bites with Cinnamon Kefir Cheese Frosting by Loula Natural
- Chocolate Muffin in a Minute by DJ Foodie
- Pumpkin Carrot Harvest Cake by Soundness of Body & Mind
- Banana Brownie Cupcakes by Popular Paleo
- Double Chocolate Muffins by Butter Nutrition-
- Grain-Free Individual Cheesecake Swirl Brownies by Girl Meets Nourishment
- Paleo Yellow Cupcakes by A Girl Worth Saving
- Chamomile Honey Cakes with Orange Cashew Cream by The Dabblist
- Double Mocha Layer Cake by Healthy Living How To
- Ooey Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cake (with Peanut Butter Frosting) by Scratch Mommy
- Plantain Skillet Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce by So Let’s Hang Out
- Orange Cloud Cake by The Sour Path is the Sweetest
- Coconut Cloud Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Real Food Outlaws
- Chocolate Ganache Cake by Just Enjoy Food
- Spice Cupcakes with Maple Marshmallow Frosting by The Gluten Free Doctor
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes for Two by An Edible Mosaic
- Strawberries and Cream Layer Cake by Ricki Heller
- Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Berry Pies + Coconut Milk Whipped Cream by Jew Hungry
- Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake with Olive Oil by Cooking on the Weekends
- Gluten-free Golden Fudge Cake by Cupcakes and Kale Chips –
- Vegan Peach Cobbler Cupcakes by Hezzi D’s Cooks and Books –
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting by Keeping Busy in Brooklyn –
- Gluten Free Smores Cupcakes by Beyond Frosting –
- GAPS Banana Cake by Gutsy
Be a part of the MarocMama family!
Sign up for our newsletter today.
You'll get a weekly update + features that won't be on the blog!