Are you a semi-homemade queen (or king)?
I am super excited to share two opportunities with you!
First, I’ll be participating in a tweet-up on December 8th at 1:30pm EST with Sandra Lee, most well known for her Food Network show Semi-Homemade. I already know what question I want to ask but now it’s your turn to submit questions too! So in the comments be sure to respond and let me know what you’d like to have asked. The topic is about holiday and holiday preparation. Some categories questions could come from;
- How can you prep ahead of the big day?
- Favorite holiday foods
- Inclusive or allergen sensitive recipe ideas
- Tried and true main dishes/side dishes/cocktail recipes for the holidays
Second, Verizon Wireless and Sandra Lee are teaming up for a tasty contest. Dust off your recipe cards and enter this great contest!
Recipe contest categories include:
|10/29-11/7||Holiday Confections (Desserts)|
|11/12-11/20||Festive First Bites (Appetizers)|
|11/26-12/5||Hearty Holiday Dinners (Entrées)|
|12/10-12/19||Leftover Lunches (Leftovers)|
Entries will be judged based on originality, cost, speed and ease. Category winners will be announced via Sandra’s Facebook and Twitter.
Final Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about 1/2/13.
One Grand Prize winner will receive:
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
- A sponsor-specified Sandra by Sandra Lee 10pc Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Twelve Category Prizes (3 per category)
- Twelve (12) contestants from bi-weekly category entries will each receive:
- A signed copy of “Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Fast-Fix Family Favorites”
The Hearty Holiday Dinners contest starts on November 26, 2012 at
9:00p.m. ET. Check back to enter then!
I’d love to see some MarocMama readers represented through their questions and even better winning a prize for a great recipe!! Be sure to leave me your questions for Sandra and go enter the contest.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Midwest Savvy Gourmets program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product
- 31In Morocco there is a really unique holiday called Mimouna. It really only happens there or in communities that have a Moroccan Jewish diaspora population. It happens the day after Passover and and marks the start of spring and the return of chametz or bread products. Last year I wrote a whole post with many…
- 30Most of the time I have no clue how old I am. It’s true, when asked I have to count off the years in my head. But I do love my birthday, even more now that I’m an adult. I don’t know why I like it so much, maybe because it’s just my day. So…