Do you ever find that when spring arrives you get a surge of energy to clean things up? I know I do. I feel like I NEED to do a big clean of the house, making sure to fling open the doors and windows, beat out the rugs, wash the screens, clean the carpets you name it. It feels so stuffy inside after months of winter. So for a few days I kill myself going cleaning crazy! But it’s not just the house, I always feel like cleaning up how I’m looking, what I’m eating and I get the urge to workout (but that doesn’t usually last long haha). In the next few weeks you’ll be seeing more posts with lighter foods, some new products and a review of my very favorite new skirt.
Onto cleaning, if there’s one thing I’m very guilty of it is having things unorganized where they are not seen by anyone but me. Here is a (not very clear) picture under my kitchen sink;
So today I have a review (and a giveaway!) for some cleaning products. I decided that these products would be a good fit to share here because they are all natural and non-toxic, very inline with our outlook on life. Shaklee is a natural nutrition company but their green philosophy is not just focused on what we ingest but what is around us as well. The base of their products is a concentrate. For example just a 1/4 tsp of solution with 16oz of water makes the all-purpose cleaner.
I received the Get Clean Starter Kit that included;
- Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
- Germ Off Disinfecting Wipes, 35 Wipes (1)
- Nature Bright® Laundry Booster and Stain Remover, 32 oz. (1)
- Dish Wash Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
- Dish Washer Automatic Concentrate, 32 oz. (1)
- Fresh Laundry Concentrate HE Compatible, Regular Scent 32 oz. (Liquid) (1)
- Soft Fabric Dryer Sheets, 80 sheets (1)
- Dish Washer Automatic Concentrate Dispenser (empty) (1)
- Nature Bright® Dispenser (empty) (1)
Including all the accessories you need to get really clean:
- Organizer Caddy (1)
- Spray Bottles (3)
- Windows and Mirrors
- Dropper Pipette (1)
- 1/4 oz. Dispenser Pump for 32 oz. Bottle (1)
- Laundry Measuring cup (1)
- Dual Measuring Spoon (1)
- Cleaning Accessories (4)
- Super Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Super Microfiber Window Cloth
- Super Microfiber Dish Sponge
- Miracle Scrubber Pad
A little bit of everything! It’s estimated that you would spend $3400 for ready to use cleaners to get the same amount of clean found in the Get Clean Starter Kit! But does it work?
Yes they do.
I have a really old stove (we live in a rental), it’s electric and the metal burners underneath the element are stained and I can never get them clean – never. I figured I would try the degreaser on those right away. I was very skeptical. I was impressed that by just spraying them the grime started to come up. I now plan to remove them and soak in the degreaser to see what happens. Because this product is all natural I like to use it on my kitchen counters as well. I often roll out pasta or breads on the counter top and previously used a disinfecting bleach and then rinsed it off. Using these products I don’t worry about that.
There are so many great products I haven’t gotten the chance to use them all yet but know they won’t go to waste. I’ve already swapped out all my old cleaners for these. My next test is on the laundry.
But one of you won’t have to take my word for it. You’re going to win your own Mini Household Kit! The retail value of this kit is around $47 and even at that a great value.
The kit includes;
- Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, 16 oz. (for use with the spray bottles)
- Basic H2® Wipes (35 count)
- Germ Off Wipes (35 count)
- Scour Off
- Measuring Spoon
- Dropper Pipette
- Spray Bottles (3-pack) – Glass Cleaner, Degreaser, and All Purpose Cleaner
To enter follow the directions in the Rafflecopter widget below. This giveaway is open to US residents only (sorry international readers!) Giveaway ends April 22nd.
**This review and giveaway was made possible by the Shaklee Corporation & Mom Spark Media. Incentives, product and support were provided. Thoughts are my own.