One of my favorite go-to recipes for a quick dinner is chicken stir fry. We’ve been eating a lot of rice and while I normally would serve stir-fry with more rice it was time to change things up. There really is no “right” way to make these. The ingredients can be whatever you have on hand.
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into cubes
- mixed vegetables
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup nuts such as cashews
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 head of Bibb (Boston) lettuce washed and separated
1. Heat vegetable oil, ginger, salt, and garlic on medium heat in a large pan and add the cubed chicken.
2. Brown the chicken and when almost cooked through add the hoisin sauce and chicken broth.
3. Once the liquid heats up again, add the vegetables and cook everything until tender. Add the nuts last so that they keep a crunch.
4. Fill each lettuce leaf with the chicken filling and serve hot. This is also great the next day served cold.
- 81Earlier this week I made an Afghani inspired chicken pulao dish that was a delicious hit. I've been a contributing author on Shrinking Kitchen for several months now and you can find all the details of this recipe (as well as others I've contributed) there. Some tips to lighten it up even more - opt…