It’s a cold and rainy start to Labor Day weekend here. Not only is the weather grey so am I. Somehow I’ve come down with a bug, not sure if’ it’s the flu or just a nasty cold but either way I’m pretty miserable. This soup really is perfect for this kind of day. I think if you go back in my posts a few years you would find me complaining that MarocBaba doesn’t appreciate soup – well the times they are a changing. Lately every soup that I have made he has eagerly tried and liked! Both M and K also like soup so I am looking forward to the fall and winter months and trying lots of new recipes. Finally everyone shares my soup love!
This is a very simple soup that could be made 50 different ways. We liked this combination.
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 cup of dry instant couscous
- 1/2 cup vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (or more if you’d like)
- veal, turkey or chicken meatballs (as many or few as you like)