It’s now been a few weeks since I’ve gotten back from Eat, Write, Retreat and I’ve had lots of time to play around with all my new goodies from the conference. While I really love everything that we were given these are the ones that really stuck out and I’ve either eaten all that I have or have been using all the time.
1. OXO Professional 14 Piece Knife Set: The raffle giveaway of big products on Saturday night had me winning a mandolin, but I already had a mandolin. Kimmy of Lighter and Local won this knife set. As we talked she had wanted the mandolin and I really wanted the knives, so like all good girls we traded. I was so happy! I have used these knives everyday and love how easy they are to handle and how well they cut. To be honest I probably wouldn’t have even looked at these in a store, and I would have missed out on a great product. I don’t want you to do the same thing – if you’re looking for a cost-friendly, but professional level knife set, try them out.
2. Calphalon 12″ Omelette Pan: When I packed my suitcase to come home from DC I was a little worried that I would end up having to carry this on the airplane with me. I wonder what TSA would have thought of that. I used this pan to make a chicken stir-fry and was really surprised at how well it heated all around. My burners are not 12″ big and usually most pans stay cold on the outer edges. This one heated evenly all the way around. I know some people don’t like non-stick pans but for me it’s almost a necessity. Also did you know Calphalon offers a 10 year warranty on their pans?
3. Honey Ridge Lemon Honey Creme: I have a love-hate relationship with honey. I love this honey creme. I love lemons so that may be why. The lemon doesn’t overpower the honey but the flavor is really wonderful. I’ve been eating this by itself on bread. I think it would really be lovely in a dessert as well. There are other flavors like apricot, blackberry, clover, cranberry and raspberry. If you can’t pick just one there’s a sampler box too!
4. OXO stainless steel mixing bowl: Not everyone got one of these. Sunday there were two tables of “extras” out on the table and we were free to take what we wanted. This bowl actually has two other smaller bowls that go with it. I knew I needed a new large mixing bowl so I took this one but left the other two for someone else. (See I am nice!) I wish that I would have taken all three but I’m sure the new owner of the smaller bowls loves them too. I love this bowl because it’s heavier than a metal bowl but light enough to easily handle. It also has a non-skid bottom so it stays put. Love that! I adore my 5 qt bowl but there are smaller sizes too. Check out the nesting set here.
5. Resealable containers from Lindsay Olives: This is the best idea I’ve run across in a long time. For years I have been wishing that black olives, actually all olives came in a resealable container. We eat a lot of olives but I hardly ever use a full can at a time. It’s a pain to find a container to keep the rest of them and they always end up pushed in the back of my fridge. When I saw that Lindsay now has resealable containers I was thrilled. Same great olives, now you can save some for later.
6. Peanut Butter Goo Goo Clusters: My apologies if you read earlier, apparently I can’t count and forgot to add this one! Iremember when our family would drive to Florida for vacation and stop in Georgia for a break. Goo Goo Clusters were abundant and I loved them! When I found peanut butter Goo Goo’s in my Eat, Write, Retreat bag I knew they would be great. I love Reeses’ and I would take a Goo Goo over a peanut butter cup any day!
This is in no way an exhaustive list. I loved a lot more of the products, these are just six that really jumped out at me right away and I find myself using again and again. Which one is most interesting to you?
**I was not compensated in anyway for this post nor are there any affiliate links embedded. I was given these items as a part of the Eat, Write, Retreat conference in May 2011. All opinions are my own.