I read a lot, a LOT of blogs and I came across hasselback potatoes somewhere and filed the idea away into the back of my mind. One night I remembered this idea and decided to give them a shot. I loved them and think that they would make a really good side-dish for a party because they are unique. I love unique but easy dishes!
- 4 potatoes – whatever you have works – I used Yukon Gold
- salt and pepper to sprinkle
- cumin and paprika to sprinkle
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- Butter (optional)
- Greek yogurt (optional)
Peel each potato all of the way except for a small part on the bottom of each. Using a very sharp knife cut slices into the potato but DO NOT cut all the way through the bottom skin. The thiner you can slice the better. Preheat oven to 375F.
Drizzle each potato with olive oil, try to get it in between as many layers as possible. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper. I then sprinkled 2 with cumin and 2 with paprika. How much seasoning you add is up to you. The more you add the more powerful the flavor!
Place potatoes into the oven and cook 50 minutes – 1 hour until tender. Remove from oven and double check doneness.
At this point they could totally be eaten and be very very tasty. Or you can take it a step farther…
Add a pat of butter and some Greek yogurt on top. Now dig in!
You May Also Like
- 59This recipe is not all together traditional. There is some venison in Morocco from desert gazelles however it is rare to find and expensive. In northern Wisconsin deer are plentiful and this time of year they often scatter the side of roads as unfortunate bi-products of car accidents. Hunting was a big part of my…
- 59A revelation I had during this trip to Morocco was that our diet has clearly changed. While we were once eating meat at every meal we have really relaxed a lot on the quantity and types of meat eaten. If we do eat meat it's most likely chicken or turkey. You might find red meat…