I had a lot of fun going back and checking out what the top visited posts of this past year were. It seemed like my Google Reader was full of other bloggers highlighting their top posts so why not jump on that bandwagon! For some of my new readers it might be a good chance to check out some recipes that you may have missed.
1) Basbousa - fittingly one of the very first posts of 2010! A semolina cake that’s a favorite!
2) Moroccan-Style Chocolate Cake - sadly the pictures are poor – more encouragement for me to re-make this.
3) For A Blustery Weekend - I may have to investigate why this one was so popular!
4) Moroccan Brick Chicken – I’m glad this one was a favorite because I loved it and had sort of forgotten all about it!
5) Mint Tea Tutorial – It wouldn’t really be a blog about Moroccan food without Mint Tea would it?
6) Sfinge – No picture with this one either but seeing it has inspired me to whip up some tonight!
7) MarocMama Market – The launch of my market section of the website was a popular page in 2010 too. Let’s hope I can expand and it will continue to bring success in 2011.
8) Batbout and Pumpkin Gorgonzola Flan – Batbout is a great Moroccan bread and the flan is part of my journey of blogging through Dorie Greenspan’s Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours.
9) Moroccan Chili and Henna – This was an eclectic mix! Moroccan chili was a quick thrown together recipe somewhere between a traditional chili and Moroccan harira. The henna post highlighted my favorite part of Moroccan vacations and celebrations!
Whew! It’s been quite a year. I’ve become a more dedicated blogger and am working hard at it. I love sharing my passion for Moroccan food, culture, language, and people. I’m very honored to have even been nominated for two blogging awards this year!
On Sisters Who Blog I’ve been nominated for Best Food Blog – North America. The voting is going on now and I hope that you will take a few minutes to stop over and vote. (I’m a bit behind in votes – if you like MarocMama please go and vote for my blog!). There are a lot of categories of other Muslim women bloggers. They are all excellent!
I’ve also been nominated for Best of Morocco Blogs 2011 at Morocco Blogs. Voting isn’t open yet but I’ll be sure to let you know when it is!
Lastly, I’ve tried to get a food carnival off the ground focusing on Mediterranean recipes. Sadly no one has linked up yet! Tomorrow the category is Appetizers. You can still link up in past posts as well!
What was your favorite post of 2010? I’d love to know if it made it to the top posts list!